A Proposal is basically a potential Enrolment. The information entered within the Proposal is used in different areas of the program. Below are examples of where the program will use this information.
- Offer Letters
- Proposal Centre
To create a proposal you use the Proposal Wizard which will take you through a number of steps to complete the proposal. The steps include:
- Prospect selection
- Proposal Details
- Invoice Preview
- Proposal Confirmation
You can access the Proposal Wizard in two ways that are:
- From the Prospect Marketing Centre > New or Contact Tabs > use the Create Proposal icon to the far right-hand side of the prospect students name, as shown in the image below. Otherwise, you can also access the proposal wizard in the same screen by selecting the prospect students name, as it is a hyperlink, that will open the Prospect Entry screen and on the right-hand side of the screen is a button for Create Proposal.
Please note: if you select one of these two options when the proposal wizard opens you will be at step 2 as you have already identified which prospect student or student is being used in the proposal wizard.
You can use the TEAMS main menu and select TEAMS > Marketing > General > Proposal Entry (as shown in the image below) and this will open the Proposal Wizard in Step 1. The reason it will open in Step 1 is that you have not identified to the system which prospect student or student you are doing the proposal for. So step 1 is identifying who the proposal is for.
Step 1: Prospect Selection: if you are using the main menu option then you will see Proposal Wizard Step 1 and this is where you enter the parameters to search for the prospect (as shown in the image below). Select the prospect name for which you wish to create the proposal as it is a hyperlink, it will open the Proposal Wizard Step 2.
Step 2: Proposal Details – There are a number of different tabs on this step where you can enter the information you want to link to the prospect.
Settings Tab – This is where you select tick boxes to enable the appropriate tabs so you can enter information in them.
Agents – If you need to link an agent to the Proposal select the Agents tick box and this will enable the Agents tab where you can enter Agent information.
Once you have selected the tick box for any entities you wish to link, go to the Course tab.
Course Tab – The Course tab is where you enter the Proposal details.
Proposal Type – Proposal Type is a field which is used in grouping the different type of proposals. Example of different type of proposals are full time or part time, Funded or Non-funded. It is not mandatory to select proposal type but if you use this field, it will help to generate reports where you can filter the report results by using this parameter.
To set up the Proposal Type, you can use the User Code screen and follow the link How to create Proposal Type in TEAMS.
Campus – Select the Campus from the Campus dropdown field.
Please Note: User who is logged in as the campus of All or the campus selected in this dropdown will only be able to see this proposal in TEAMS.
Course – Select the relevant course from the Course dropdown.
Once you select the course, Duration (In Weeks) field will automatically generate the duration of the course which is entered in the course screen.
Academic Schedule: Based on the course that the Prospect is enrolled in the default Academic Schedule will be selected. If you need to change the schedule select the correct Academic Schedule from the dropdown list. The academic schedules are the timetables the Prospect will follow to complete their studies.
When the Academic Schedule is selected the fields for Academic Schedule Start Date, Academic Schedule End Date will show the stated information (these fields are next to the Proposal Start Date and Proposal End Date fields). For example, if the default Academic Schedule that links the selected Course is TBA and runs for 10 years starting from 01/01/2007 you will see the Academic Schedule Start Date as of 01/01/2007 and the Academic Schedule End Date as of 31/12/2017. This is to purely to display the start and end dates of the Academic Schedule so you can see the information. It does not have any implication on information entered in the Proposal.
Please Note: Based on how your organisation schedules Academic Schedules you may only be enrolling them into an Academic Schedule that will last for a term/semester or a TBA schedule.
Proposal Date: The Proposal Date is used as the day the Prospect enrols into the course. As an organisation, you can use this date to identify a milestone in the Prospect’s Proposal process as long as all staff are aware of the date that is to be entered. Normally it is just considered as the date the proposal is created/processed in TEAMS.
The Proposal Date is automatically entered as the current date. If you need to enter a different Proposal date you will need to change the date in the Proposal Date field.
Start Date – In the Start Date field enter the first day of the Prospect’s Proposal. This is the first date that the student predicts they will start studying with your college.
End Date – The End Date automatically gets calculated based on the Duration (in weeks) the Course has been setup for in the Course screen and the number of holidays that have been entered into TEAMS through screens such as the Academic Schedule Entry, Campus or Organisation (the number of weeks that fall between the Proposal Start and End Dates will display in the Holiday Weeks field so you can easily see how many are being applied. If this number of weeks shows incorrectly the most likely reason will be the holiday information entered in the above screens is incorrect or the end date is incorrect). If the end date is incorrect you will need to change it to be the correct end date. If you have noticed TEAMS does not have the correct amount of holidays entered you can change the end date to be the correct end date and once the Proposal is finished you can add in the extra holidays and TEAMS will change the Study Weeks and Duration weeks accordingly.
If you do not know the Proposal’s end date but you know they need to study for 10 weeks you can change the Study Weeks to be 10 and TEAMS will work out the Proposal end date for you.
Study Weeks – The study number of weeks is the number of weeks the Prospect will physically study and will be automatically calculated by the program. It is calculated by finding the number of weeks for the Proposal minus any holidays. The Proposal Duration will show as the Study Weeks plus any holidays that have been setup in the Academic Schedule or in the Organisation/Campus screens. If you have changed the end date of the Proposal this may cause the number in the Study Weeks and Proposal Duration fields to change.
Note: Please be aware that the number of weeks entered into the Study Weeks will be the number of weeks used in the Attendance calculations.
Payment upon Enrolment – If the Prospect needs to make an upfront payment upon Proposal the amount they need to pay needs to be entered into the Payment upon Proposal field. This field is recommended to only be used in the Enrolment Wizard as it forces you to do a receipt as part of the enrolment process whereas with a proposal you cannot do a receipt.
Drawdown Applicable – If you have selected for the Prospect to have Overseas information required in the Prospect/Prospect Details screen then you will see the tick box for Drawdowns Applicable on this tab. If you wish to send money to the trust account and manage Drawdowns you MUST select this option.
Account Managers – If you decide to use Account Managers in TEAMS you should select the Account Manager from the combo box. For more information please see the Resource User Guide.
Once you have entered all the information on the Course tab go to the next applicable tab in sequence.
Subjects Tab – This is where you add Subjects to the Proposal. This tab will not be available if course selected on the Course tab does not have subjects linked.
If you need to add subjects to the Proposal select the Add Subjects lookup icon to open the Subject Search screen. To add Subjects select the tick box next to the Subjects you want to link to the course and select the Update button. The subject/s you selected will now be added to the Proposal.
Once you have added all the subjects to the Proposal go to the next applicable tab in sequence.
Competency/Module Tab – This tab is where you can view the Competencies/Modules that are already linked to the Prospect’s Proposal and/or link extra Competencies/Modules the Prospect wishes to study. If the Prospect is not enrolling into Competencies/Modules or if all the Competencies/Modules have been setup as Compulsory in the Course/Qualification screen then you may move to the next applicable tab in sequence.
To add Competencies/Modules decide which type of Competency/Module it is (Core, Elective, other Elective an elective from another course/qualification or Out of Scope – not delivered by your organisation) you want to add and select the lookup icon which corresponds to the correct type.
Select the tick box next to the competencies you want to add and select the Update button. This will make the Competency/Module appear in the grid. If you have accidentally linked the wrong Competency/Module you can select the delete icon next to the incorrect Competency/Module to remove it from the list. If Competencies/Modules have already been linked to the Proposal they will not have a delete icon next to them as they are compulsory and every Prospect must study them.
If you are using Assessors select the Assessor for each Competency/Module using the Assessor lookup icon.
Once you have linked any extra Competencies/Modules go to the next applicable tab.
Agent Tab – This is where you can link an Agent to the Proposal for Agent Commission Payments:
1. Select the Agent lookup icon to select an Agent to link to the Proposal.
2. Select the Contact that will be linked to the Proposal. The contact will automatically show as the default contact. If you have more then one contact entered and you need to link a contact that is not the default contact select the name from the Agent Contact dropdown.
The Agent information including the Commission Template linked etc will display below the Agent name and contact.
All the information in this tab is entered in the Agent Entry screen. If any of it is incorrect you can open the Agent Entry screen and change the information. You would then need to Clear Agent icon next to the Agent lookup to remove the Agent and select the Agent name again from the lookup.
If you have linked the wrong Agent to the Proposal select the Clear Agent icon and use the Agent lookup to select the correct Agent.
Once you have linked the Agent go-to the next applicable tab in sequence.
Please Note: If an Agent was linked to a Prospect Student then they will default here. To change the linked Agent select the Clear Agent icon.
Once you have linked the correct Agent go to the next applicable tab in sequence.
Overseas Tab – If you have selected on the Prospect/Prospect Entry page for Overseas Info Required then you will see the Overseas tab. This is where you enter the information for a Prospect’s Visa Information, eCoE # and Healthcare information.
1. Select the Visa Type from the Visa Type combo box. This is a mandatory field and must be selected.
2. If you have the Visa and Passport #’s enter these into the specified fields.
3. Enter the Visa Issue Date and Expiry Date. By entering this information the program can warn you when a Prospect’s visa is going to expire.
4. Enter the place the Visa was issued.
5. Enter the eCoE #
6. Under the Healthcare Information select the Cover Type the Prospect has for the health care. This is a User Code and should be setup prior to enrolling Overseas Prospects into Courses.
7. Under the Healthcare Information select the Healthcare Provider. This is a User Code and should be setup prior to enrolling Overseas Prospects into Courses.
8. Enter the Healthcare Start Date and End Date in the date fields.
9. Enter the Healthcare Membership Number in the Membership No field.
10. When the fields are all entered you will see the fees that you pay out to healthcare provider. If there is more then one fee selected choose the correct fee. If you are not paying the healthcare money out to the healthcare provider because the Prospect has paid directly to the provider select the Not Required/Self Managed tick box above where the fees are selected. This will tell the program no fees are to be raised. If you do not select this tick box or any fees the program will not allow you to go further with the Proposal. You must either raise fees or tick the Not Required/Self Managed tick box.
Once you have entered all the Overseas information go to the next applicable tab in sequence.
Fee Templates Tab – If you are raising fees for Prospects at the Proposal stage you will need to use this tab to select the Fees you want to charge for the Prospect.
1. Select the hyperlink for the Fee Template which contains the fees you would like to charge the Prospect.
2. Once you have selected the Fee Template the fees that are linked to the template will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Select the tick box next to the fees you would like to charge the Prospect and then select the Update Fee Entries button.
Follow the above steps until all fees have been raised then go to the Fee Entries tab.
Fee Entries Tab – This is where you view the fee amounts that have been raised, apply for any discounts or upfront payments and link any schedules to fees.
1. Schedule – You will see the fees you raised in the fee templates screen appear in a list here. If you wish to link a schedule to any of the fees to allow Prospects to make scheduled payments of fees (also known as payment plans) select the Schedule lookup icon next to the fees you would like to link a schedule to.
When you link a schedule you will notice the Payments column will change to tell you how many invoices will be raised for this fee. If the number of invoices is incorrect then you can change the number to the correct amount of payments to be made. If you do not change the # of payments TEAMS will automatically calculate when the payments should be occurring using the Schedule information. If you have changed the # of Payments TEAMS will spread the payments equally over the Proposal (or over the period entered Payment Within field on the Course tab).
For example, you have enrolled a Prospect into a course for 11 weeks and have linked a schedule for Monthly payments which is set to be raised on the 28th day of every month. TEAMS may calculate that there are 2 payments to be made during this time due to the setup of the schedule and the Proposal start and end date. If you leave the settings as they are TEAMS will raise an invoice on the 28th of every month until there are no more months left. If you change the # of payments to be 3 because it is almost 3 months then you will have 3 payments equally spread over the 11 week period.
Please Note: Based on the user’s permission you can change the date of the invoice in the next step. This is useful where you change the # of payments and the dates do not fall on the correct dates due according to the college to the calculation used by TEAMS.
2. Qty/Rate: – The Qty and Rate column will show how many of the rate is being charged. If the fee has been set up as a one-off amount then you will see the Qty as 1 and the Rate as the one-off amount. If the fee has been setup as a Rate then you will see the # of weeks of the Proposal (or accommodation weeks where it is an Accommodation Fee) under the Qty column and the Rate that you charge on a daily/weekly/fortnightly/fortnightly etc basis. TEAMS will calculate the amount to charge the Prospect initially by multiplying the Rate by the Qty. If these figures are incorrect you can change them which will then change the total amount of figures.
If you have noticed the figures are incorrect it is recommended you notify someone who can make a change to the setup of the fee so you don’t have to remember to constantly change the rate amount.
Where a discount is being issued for example where the Prospect studies 12 weeks and only pays for 10 weeks so gets 2 weeks of study free it is recommended you use the discount column to record this information. There are two main reasons for this: You can easily track the amount of money you have discounted for the Prospect and you can show the discount amount on the Prospect invoice so they can see how much they are really saving.
3. Total Amount/Total Fee Amount – If you find that the Total Amount appearing in the Total (Ex) or Total (Inc) columns are incorrect and you have the correct permissions you can change these by deleting the current number in one of the fields and entering the correct number.
If you enter an amount in the Total (Ex) total amount excluding GST – column and the fee has been set to have GST added to it then the program will work out the GST and enter the amount plus GST in the Total Amount column. For this reason, if you choose to enter information in this column you must ensure it is always the amount excluding GST. If the fee has been set to apply GST and you would like to enter an amount which is inclusive of GST then enter the amount in the Total (Inc) total amount including GST – column and TEAMS will work backwards to calculate the GST and how much the fee is excluding GST.
Please Note: You will only be able to do the above function if you have set permissions.
4. Payment upon Proposal – If you entered an amount on the Course tab for Payment upon Proposal the amount will appear in the Payment upon Proposal column against the fees starting from the first fee in the list until all the money has been used. If you would like to change the fees that need to be paid upon Proposal simply delete the amounts that are incorrect and apply to the correct fees by entering the amounts in the payment upon Proposal field.
If you have not entered an amount on the Course tab for Payment upon Proposal you will not be able to enter figures under the Payment upon Proposal column on this tab. If you decide when you get to the Fee Entries tab that you do wish to make an amount that is paid upon Proposal then you will need to go back to the Course tab, enter the amount there and then come back to the Fee Entries tab to correct any incorrect amounts.
Please Note: It is not recommended to use this field at the proposal level as it is more relevant at the enrolment wizard level. In the enrolment wizard, you would be forced to do a receipt and you can’t do that at the proposal level.
5. Discount – If you wish to enter a discount for a fee enter the amount the discount is for in the discount column for the fee and select the Notes icon to enter a reason for the discount. You cannot go forward in the Proposal Wizard unless you enter a discount amount. This discount is reportable using the Discounts Issued Report and the discount amount is printed on the Prospect Invoice report (this can be hidden where not required).
Once you have entered the information into all necessary tabs in the screen select the Next button to go to step 3 of the Proposal Wizard.
Please Note: If you have accidentally raised a fee that should not be raised for the Proposal go back to the Fee Templates tab and unselect the tick box next to the fee. Select the Update Fee Entries button and the fee will be removed from the Fee Entries tab.
Once you have entered all the information for the required tabs select the Next button in the top right-hand corner of the wizard. This will take you to the Proposal Wizard Step 3 Invoice Preview screen.
Step 3: Invoice Preview – If you have raised fees in the Fee Templates tab and have seen them in the Fee Entries tab then you will be able to see all the invoices that will be raised for the Prospect’s Proposal along with their dates and fee amounts.
The Prospect’s information will appear in the top section of the screen. All the invoices that will be raised in relation to the Proposal will appear in the middle of the screen and the Fee line items and amounts will appear in the bottom section of the screen. In the middle of the screen you will also see two tabs:
Invoice(s): This is where you will see any invoices raised for the Prospect with the invoice amounts. You will see a radio button next to each invoice to select the invoice to see the fee line items and the amount in the bottom section of the screen. To change between the fees select the radio button that corresponds to the invoice. If the Invoice Dates appear blue you have permission to change the invoice dates where they are incorrect.
InvoiceNotes: Where you want to a block of text to appear on the Prospect’s Invoice that does not appear on any other invoice for the Prospect you can write text in the Invoice Notes tab. This will appear in the Invoice reports under the InvoiceNotes merge field. If you want standard text to appear for every Prospect such as Invoice due within 7 days you would write this on the Invoice template so you did not have to make sure it was written on every Proposals Invoice Notes tab.
If you have raised fees for any outside party you will also see tabs for these invoices. This includes Agent Invoice, OSHC Invoice and Accommodation Provider Invoice (called Accom. Invoice). All of the invoices appear the same in that they all have a radio button that allows you to select the invoice and view the line item information in the bottom section of the screen. The only difference between these invoices and the Prospect Invoices is that you cannot change the dates of the invoice.
If any of these invoices are incorrect you can select the Back button to go and rectify the issues. If you select the Next button at this stage you will be approving the invoices and they will be raised.
If no fees have been raised the two tabs for Invoice(s) and InvoiceNotes will appear but they will be empty. Once you are happy with the invoices select the Next button.
Step 4: Proposal Confirmation – This is where the Proposal will be confirmed and will display the Proposal number. There are two links that appear on the Proposal Confirmation screen of Add New Proposal this will start the Proposal Wizard again from step 1 for you to enter a new Proposal, and View Proposal this will close the Proposal Confirmation screen and open the Proposal Centre with the current Proposal opened.
Based on the Organisation Settings you may also have some reports you can print off from the Proposal Confirmation screen. These can include Prospect Invoice, Prospect Placement Letters,
Acceptance Advice etc. If you cannot see any reports under the Printing Options then you will need to get these linked at the Organisation Settings screen. To print one of the reports select the printer icon next to the report you wish to print. If you have multiple report templates for any of the reports you will need to select the dropdown field next to the report name and choose the correct report template if it is not selected by default before selecting the printer icon.
Please Note: If you have stopped the Proposal Wizard before getting to this confirmation the Proposal will not be saved and therefore will not be visible in any screens within TEAMS.